HPE Storage Users Group

A Storage Administrator Community

Post subject: Command to collect space usage by VVSet
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:56 am 

I was wondering if anyone could help me figure out any possible command combination which allows me to pull the size of VV Sets.
In our environment we a VV Sets for each Cluster, and these way I would be able to report space usage for each cluster. The idea is to script this using WSAPI or PowerShell Toolkit provided.

Post subject: Re: Command to collect space usage by VVSet
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:06 am 

dardan wrote:
I was wondering if anyone could help me figure out any possible command combination which allows me to pull the size of VV Sets.
In our environment we a VV Sets for each Cluster, and these way I would be able to report space usage for each cluster. The idea is to script this using WSAPI or PowerShell Toolkit provided.

I think most commands providing space information will both accept VVs and VVsets. So this kind of depends on what info you are looking for in what type of environment.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:07 am 

MammaGutt wrote:
dardan wrote:

I think most commands providing space information will both accept VVs and VVsets. So this kind of depends on what info you are looking for in what type of environment.

Thanks for the reply.
Showvv or showspace (for the entire storage array) won't give me any space information for vvol sets, and that's the hassle.
I've tried WSAPI commands or PS commands from the Powershell Tool Kit 3.1, none providing such commands (or maybe I'm missing something).

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:09 pm 

dardan wrote:
MammaGutt wrote:
dardan wrote:

Thanks for the reply.
Showvv or showspace (for the entire storage array) won't give me any space information for vvol sets, and that's the hassle.
I've tried WSAPI commands or PS commands from the Powershell Tool Kit 3.1, none providing such commands (or maybe I'm missing something).

showvv
Syntax
showvv [options] [<VV_name|pattern|VV_set> ...]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:36 pm 
Site Admin

showvv -space MyVVsetName

Asterisk is wildcard. If you have a solid naming convention in place, you can accomplish some CLI wizardry.

Example:
showvv -space *SQL*
showvv -space *ORA*