HPE Storage Users Group

A Storage Administrator Community

Post subject: Import corporate CA
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:58 am 

Hi guys,

I'm trying to setup AD authentication on our 3PAR. A prerequisite to this is that we use LDAPS.

How do I get our corporate CA installed onto our 3PAR so our certs work correctly?

Thanks.

Post subject: Re: Import corporate CA
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:27 am 

setauthparam ldap-ssl 1

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:49 am 

Sorry, but that's not what I need.

I need to import the CA cert into the 3PAR certificate store so it trusts the certs that have been issued to out LDAP servers.

I've found the command once the cert is on the 3PAR but I can't see how to copy the cert to the 3PAR.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:33 pm 

Both the Java-based IMC client and the web-based SSMC are capable of uploading a custom certificate for simple LDAP connectivity.

For the CLI, you would need to paste the base64-encoded CA certificate into the CLI using the following command (including the dash at the end):
Code:
setauthparam ldap-ssl-cacert -
<paste SSL certificate text>

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:21 am 

Reactor wrote:
Both the Java-based IMC client and the web-based SSMC are capable of uploading a custom certificate for simple LDAP connectivity.

Can you point me in the right direction for this. I can't see anywhere where I can upload a CA cert.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:21 pm 

Apologies—after re-reading the documentation, I have come to the conclusion that it is not possible to perform LDAP CA certificate installation through either GUI interface. The GUIs aren't my forte, as I mostly use the CLI for most configuration tasks. :ugeek:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:15 am 

Funny,
I'm trying to do something very similar here. We've created a CSR which was sent off to the CA for signing

createcert unified-server -csr -keysize 2048 -C XX -ST XXXX -L XXX -O XXX -OU XXX -CN hostname.fully.qualified

generated a nice pem file which we sent away.

So now I get back something to install but the manual says i need to run something akin to

importcert unified-server unified-server.pem file.pem

(the unified-server.pem part is somewhat guesswork based on the examples in the manual).

to install the pem file 'file.pem'

my question is how do i get it onto the 3par (via the SP?) and where should it go so I can refer to it?

thanks.
Ad

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:29 am 

You need to the the 3par cli tool, not an SSH client (if you are using one) and then use pwd to see the current directory and cd to where the file is and just use the command stated.

You didnt have any errors with the generation of the certificate then, I am, I get errors when I try to create the certificate on our CA from the CSR.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:40 am 

adamdb wrote:
Funny,
I'm trying to do something very similar here. We've created a CSR which was sent off to the CA for signing

createcert unified-server -csr -keysize 2048 -C XX -ST XXXX -L XXX -O XXX -OU XXX -CN hostname.fully.qualified

generated a nice pem file which we sent away.

So now I get back something to install but the manual says i need to run something akin to

importcert unified-server unified-server.pem file.pem

(the unified-server.pem part is somewhat guesswork based on the examples in the manual).

to install the pem file 'file.pem'

my question is how do i get it onto the 3par (via the SP?) and where should it go so I can refer to it?

thanks.
Ad

Replying to a ancient post :)

In order for CLI to recognize the windows location, you should copy your .pem files into the directory where CLI is installed. In my case it's: C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\HP 3PAR CLI\bin

A great step-by-step manual is found here: https://storcom.com/implementing-ca-cer ... imera-gui/