HPE Storage Users Group

A Storage Administrator Community

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 247 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next
 Post subject: Re: SSMC Customer Feedback
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:54 pm 

apol wrote:
  • the vv-part looses the content of the search bar ( = a filter) after creating a vv

The reason the filter disappears is because SSMC needs to put the focus on the new vv in the list as it's being created. The filter can prevent that from happening pretty easily. If you didn't realize the filter was in place you wouldn't see your new vv appear. Would it be preferable to keep the filter in place and not highlight the new vv instead?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:21 pm 

apol wrote:
We have two hosts in a host set, and exportet a vv-set to this host set. The vv-set contains two vvs with 16TB each. When the hosts are turned off, ssmc shows only 16TB exported size and not 32TB:

I reproduced this in the lab and have written a defect to get this addressed. It appears to be related to the hosts being turned off so there are no active paths. If I have active paths, the correct values are displayed.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:47 pm 

Noss wrote:
Ok, I think I now know what the System Performance dashboard panel is reporting. Its reporting Host and Enclosure ports stats but what was confusing me is the time stamp.

If I hover the mouse over the point at 09:00 on the x-axis it actually pops up with 08:00 timestamp so the data is an hour behind the x-axis time?

Is that right?

The data in the pop-up should align with the x-axis in the timestamp. I saw that in the lab too and then changed the time scope by editing the panel. It appeared correctly after that, even when I changed the scope back to 1-day where I saw the discrepancy. Does that help in your case?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:37 am 

wbbouldin wrote:
apol wrote:
  • the vv-part looses the content of the search bar ( = a filter) after creating a vv

The reason the filter disappears is because SSMC needs to put the focus on the new vv in the list as it's being created. The filter can prevent that from happening pretty easily. If you didn't realize the filter was in place you wouldn't see your new vv appear. Would it be preferable to keep the filter in place and not highlight the new vv instead?

Makes sense. Of course, from a user's view, it would be optimal to keep the filter if the new vv fits, and remove it if not. But I reckon this is difficult to realize...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:45 am 

Is there a way to use the search bar to exclude stuff from being displayed? Maybe set a PERMANENT filter??

Use cases:
  • >20 3PARs here, so going to vvs starts with a screen full of admin and .srdata-vvs.
  • VVs for vmware-clusters are put in a cluster-vv-set and exported to the cluster host set. But each vv has it's own rcopy-group (content is not tied, so no consitency-group, and if growing a vv I don't want to stop mirroring all of them). So there are loads and loads of RCP_-Sets, but just some interesting production-sets. These RCP-Sets sucked from day 1, sorry :evil: Didn't try for a long time, but can they be renamed by now? If they could be named zzz_RCP_..., they would never be displayed in the standard view.
  • Boot from SAN --> Loads of 10GB boot-vvs...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:20 am 

apol wrote:
Is there a way to use the search bar to exclude stuff from being displayed? Maybe set a PERMANENT filter??
Good idea. Sounds like you'd like to be able to show/hide objects using a customizable filter set. The filter set would allow you to include or exclude objects by name or other attribute. Wildcards for the name also seems to be required. I'll get a requirement written. If you have further suggestions, please let me know.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:04 am 

wbbouldin wrote:
apol wrote:
We have two hosts in a host set, and exportet a vv-set to this host set. The vv-set contains two vvs with 16TB each. When the hosts are turned off, ssmc shows only 16TB exported size and not 32TB:

I reproduced this in the lab and have written a defect to get this addressed. It appears to be related to the hosts being turned off so there are no active paths. If I have active paths, the correct values are displayed.

This issue will be addressed in SSMC 3.3. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:24 am 

Is it possible to start SSMC only on 'localhost' interface so it's not exposed to network ?

edit:
adding default="127.0.0.1" in host section (jetty-ssl.xml) ,seems did the trick.

Code:
        <Set name="host"><Property default="127.0.0.1" deprecated="jetty.host" name="jetty.ssl.host"/></Set>

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:02 am 

Hi,

I found another display-issue:

We have a host set that has two vv-sets exported. Host-Sets - Overview correcty states "Volume Sets exported: 2 virtual volume sets". But:
  • the VV-List below only contains the vvs from one of the two sets
  • when clicking on the "2 virtual volume sets"-link, only one of the two sets is displayed. The filter is set to the one set whose vvs are displayed in the vv-list. The other vv-set is completely ignored and can only be found when selecting one of the hosts. There, it's displayed correctly.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:15 am 

FYI HPE have released SSMC 3.3, release notes/docs in the usual 3PAR place and ISOs in the Software Depot.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 247 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next