HPE Storage Users Group

A Storage Administrator Community

Post subject: EVA to 3PAR Online Import: Unable to add 3par destination
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:42 am 

Hi,
I'm trying to use the Online migration tool of P6000 Command View EVA. But when I try to add a 3par destination system I get "Incorrect credentials or destination storage system is unreachable or failed to load data on time. Please ensure that storage system is configured for use and is accessible."
I can ping the 3Par and I have checked all the steps mentioned in the Online Migration guide troubleshooting "Not able to add 3par destination array"- part. I have restarted the service several times

Any help is appreciated! Thank you.

Post subject: Re: EVA to 3PAR Online Import: Unable to add 3par destinatio
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:21 pm 

Hi,

Exact same error here. I'm unable to add my 7200 to CV as a destination system.
CV version 10.3, InForm OS 3.1.2 MU3.

Any Idea ?

I've followed the Online Import documentation....
Thanks for your help.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:21 pm 

1. Verify that the 3PAR Peer Ports are configured properly
2. Make sure that the zoning configuration is set up properly, note that when you configure the 3PAR port as a Peer Port the WWN of the FC port changes from xx:xx:00:02:AC:xx:xx:xx to
xx:xx:02:02:AC:xx:xx:xx.
Follow the zoning configuration instructions, we dedicate node partner ports (0:2:4/1:2:4) with single initiator single target WWN zoned configuration. EVA Ctrl A FP1 is zoned to one of the ports and EVA Ctrl B FP2 is zoned to the other for example. We avoid FP3/4 since these are used for HPCA.
3. In the 3PAR MC or CLI verify 3PAR peer port connectivity connected device shows the EVA WWPN with each peer port. If the EVA WWPN does not show connected fix the zoning.
3. TCPIP traffic must be open on TCP ports 2386, 5781, and 5783. The first port is used by the Online Import Web service to publish its data in a Web browser. The last two ports are the Event port and the Secure CLI port on HP 3PAR StoreServ.
4. Ensure that Peer Motion/Online Import license is valid on the 3PAR SAN
5. Ensure that the account being used for the online import has minimum Super rights.

The following is from HP regarding the checks made with the wizard....

When the EVA online import 'Add Destination' is selected the wizard validates access to the destination HP 3PAR StoreServ system using the credentials supplied and verifies the version of HP 3PAR OS on the system. The presence of a license for Online Import on the destination HP 3PAR StoreServ system is also checked.

Hope this helps.. Good luck with the migration. We have performed over 150 online import migrations from several EVAs with no issues, will post the several BKMs to help out..

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:41 am 

Same problem here - cannot add 3PAR as destination. I was getting the error message Mikko mentioned when I was on Command View 10.2 I noticed that my 3PAR 7400 (3.1.2 MU3) has patch P16 installed and that everytime I tried to add it I was getting an SSL error. Based on that and the last few Command View updates I updated Command View to 10.3 and then to 10.3.2. Now the authentication message is gone but when I try to add it immediately comes back with Internal Server error, refresh content pane and check the EVA Online Migration User Guide.

I have opened a case with HP yesterday but have had any one call back yet. I had Peer Motions scheduled for today and tomorrow that I guess will now get cancelled. Disappointing.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:16 am 

Make sure InformMC directory exists here: C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile

I.e., it should be C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\InFormMC

This had helped me. Found in migration service (tomcat) logs.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:02 am 

Thank you SO much shpokas! Looking at the tomcat logs I was able to see the error you mentioned where it was looking for the InformMC directory and could not find it. Strangely - it was looking for it in the Default User directory and not my own but I was able to add that directory which got me a different error message that the certificate needed to be upgraded. It told me to run the TPDCertVerifier.bat which I did and that allowed me to view and accept the cert from the 7400 and now I have been able to successfully add my 3PAR as a destination!!!!!!

Excellent tip and many thanks!!!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:30 am 

I manage to solve the issue with your help thank you very much!

The InformMC folder was somehow placed incorrectly and it gave an Java error. It was in one of the user folders and I copied it to path shown in the Java error.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:16 am 

Hi

Can you please give a little bit more info about this java-error and informmc-folder.

I'm having one system with exactly this same error, but don't have InformMC-folder anywhere at my disk!
" ...system is unreachable..."
Ping is Ok, Zoning is OK, User is having super-rights.

I'm also having another perfectly working system, where i can add destination, but even there is no informmc-folder.

Any help can be help! Thank you.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:29 pm 

My logs have already rolled off or I would give you an example but when I looked in the logs I saw a message that the directory did not exist. So I did not have an InformMC directory either. I just saw the error that it did not exist and created the directory in the exact path that the error indicated. In my case it was C:\Documents and Settings\Default User\InformMC. Once I did that I started getting a different error in the 3PAR IMC - it was reporting SSL handshake error sock6: handshake failed: no shared ciper. I was able to run the TPDCertVerifier.bat and accept the certitifcate and then things were working for me.

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 1:10 am 

Hi
follow the "HP EVA to 3PAR StoreServ Online Import Migration Guide" page 14
http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/h ... cachetoken

Regards