Can anybody helps me to resolve this issue:
pdch LDs with connection path different than ownership 5
pdch Chunklets on remote disks 6
?

thank you.

Post subject: Re: 10400 InServ 3.1.2.278 Chunklets on remote disks
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:48 pm 

what help are you looking for?

This can happen, and is not really a huge issue. Fixing it usually requires either moving back the remote chunk to the right place or a tune of the LD's such that the data is moved to a newly created LD. Both can be done online.

I'd advice you to contact HP support to have your system checked out though, so nothing is overlooked and they can help you as well on properly re-mediating it.

The goal is to achieve the best results by following the clients wishes. If they want to have a house build upside down standing on its chimney, it's up to you to figure out how do it, while still making it usable.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:17 pm 

Architect wrote:
what help are you looking for?

This can happen, and is not really a huge issue. Fixing it usually requires either moving back the remote chunk to the right place or a tune of the LD's such that the data is moved to a newly created LD. Both can be done online.

I'd advice you to contact HP support to have your system checked out though, so nothing is overlooked and they can help you as well on properly re-mediating it.

I understand, that this is not critical situation. But I can't update InServ to the latest version - because I have this error.
How I can determine which chunklets should be moved?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:14 pm 

sorry for the slow response. simplest answer call HP support and let them help you.

if you do it yourself, you'll first need to know what chunks are actually remote, and if you can safely move them back to the original spot without degrading (cage) availability.

this is a simple script for an environment with management tools under linux, to check that and write the checks to a file:

Code:
touch remotechunks
for chunk in $(checkupgrade | grep tp | awk '{print $3":"$4}'); do movech –dr -perm -f $chunk >> remotechunks;done

if you are a windows box, you'll have to rewrite this to something that works with DOS.
Richard might be able to help you with that. should be a similar easy oneliner.

fyi: i've tested this on a system with 3.1.2 MU1, and MU2, no idea if it works on other firmware, but the outputfile should tell us that.

post the output here, and we'll be able to say if it is possible to move them safely.

The goal is to achieve the best results by following the clients wishes. If they want to have a house build upside down standing on its chimney, it's up to you to figure out how do it, while still making it usable.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:11 am 

Architect wrote:
sorry for the slow response. simplest answer call HP support and let them help you.

if you do it yourself, you'll first need to know what chunks are actually remote, and if you can safely move them back to the original spot without degrading (cage) availability.

this is a simple script for an environment with management tools under linux, to check that and write the checks to a file:

Code:
touch remotechunks
for chunk in $(checkupgrade | grep tp | awk '{print $3":"$4}'); do movech –dr -perm -f $chunk >> remotechunks;done

if you are a windows box, you'll have to rewrite this to something that works with DOS.
Richard might be able to help you with that. should be a similar easy oneliner.

fyi: i've tested this on a system with 3.1.2 MU1, and MU2, no idea if it works on other firmware, but the outputfile should tell us that.

post the output here, and we'll be able to say if it is possible to move them safely.

I have 3PAR CLI on Linux box. Can you explain, how and where I should run your script?
sorry for stupid questions.