HPE Storage Users Group

A Storage Administrator Community

Post subject: Advice On Recycled 3PAR
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 1:51 am 

Hi all,

Long time listener, first time caller. Have used a lot of resources on this forum to help me with my normal day to day work with the 3PAR's I've looked after.

So recently I've acquired an old 3PAR 7200 from a local IT recycler, it was/is a really good unit, has about 48TB of storage in SSD's. So I ended up picking it up from them.

Anyway, long story short, the company that gave it to the recycler only wiped the data, I'm assuming, but didn't provide any logon details.

What would be my best course of action of getting it back to a state where I can log into it and use it. I'm assuming, like most other companies it was just used to present some LUNs to VMware or Hyper-V and have had those data stores removed.

I've figured out what IP addresses is on it etc, but they've obviously changed the 3paradm password, so its obviously not the default.

Any advice would be great!

Just an FYI, currently the server is sitting inside a DC rack at the moment, as I've gotten it racked up, I've read the forum about gettin console access, I've just made me my own DB9 to RJ45 adapter, so will look at getting access into that. Also I can see that the certificate on it expired in 2021, so I'm guessing it's running a firmware from 2020.

TIA!