Replacing node in a remote copy setup

Pradeep

Replacing node in a remote copy setup

Post by Pradeep »

Can someone please share standard procedure to replace a faulty node in a remote copy setup.
I know If you insert new node/controller, remote copy cluster wont identify the new node with a new serial number. So looking for the right steps to proceed. Thanks in advance.
MammaGutt

Re: Replacing node in a remote copy setup

Post by MammaGutt »

Pradeep wrote:Can someone please share standard procedure to replace a faulty node in a remote copy setup.
I know If you insert new node/controller, remote copy cluster wont identify the new node with a new serial number. So looking for the right steps to proceed. Thanks in advance.

Remote copy doesn't play any role in this. As long as the new node is integrated into the local cluster, remote copy will work.

This gives a very brief summary. https://www.3parug.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=3173
The views and opinions expressed are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of my current or previous employers.
Richard Siemers
Site Admin

Re: Replacing node in a remote copy setup

Post by Richard Siemers »

new node with a new serial number.

That's not suppose to happen. The node recovery process used to replace a failed node sets the cluster SN# onto the new node's nvram.
Richard Siemers
The views and opinions expressed are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of my employer.