HPE Storage Users Group

A Storage Administrator Community

Post subject: checkhealth question
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:31 am 

Ran checkhealth on a 8440 we have and it has this concerning item in it:

File node:1 Behavior altering file "manualstartup" exists, created on Dec 11 2018

The system has been running since April 2019. Now, I'm just wondering, does that mean if a node reboots during a patch it will not come up unless i manually set the sysmgr?

Or is that only going to cause me start up troubles on a full shut down and startup which is fairly unlikely to occur without me actually being near it with a serial cable anyways?

Thanks

Post subject: Re: checkhealth question
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:59 pm 

I would log a case to get that removed.

I'm taking a wild guess here, but I think this will prevent it from booting after a full reboot. So worst case scenario is if something that shouldn't happens, happens and you're hours away from the array.

Post subject: Re: checkhealth question
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:23 am 

Given the date of the file it was on there before I got it and I did walk it through 3.1.2 to 3.3.1 MU2 in early 2019 since I do not recall having to system start it every patch i'm going to lean on it's only an issue with a full shut down...

which I do have a vague recollection of having to run a command on this thing to start it when were getting it set up in it's location but since ive only had to fully shut down and start the thing twice it clearly had slipped my mind

I'll look into getting that removed at some point but I don't think it's going to interfere with a patch I need to apply in the nearterm

Thanks!