HPE Storage Users Group

A Storage Administrator Community

Post subject: Warranty is expired - login issue when trying access storage
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:03 am 

Hi guys,
Our 3par warranty is expired, SP machine is completely down(moved to another host and it lost network connection), I managed the system by 3par management console version 4.7.1, like 2 weeks ago, when I logged in the storage with the client everything was blank, it was very strange issue for me but solved with newer version of 3par management client. For now, when I try to connect the storage the error status appears - "login failed - Too many CLI connections", I tried to connect with serial cable but same status, could you please suggest ?

Thank you!

Post subject: Re: Warranty is expired - login issue when trying access sto
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:59 am 

Pull network cable on one node, try again ... if it doesn't work, pull network cable on the next node and try again....

Too many CLI connections means that you either have an issue with too many session connected to the 3PAR at the same time, or that some of the old sessions haven't closed correctly. If my memory serves me right, pulling the network cable on the master node should result in a change of master role to a node with a working network connection, which should clear any old sessions that didn't close properly.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:59 am 

MammaGutt wrote:
Pull network cable on one node, try again ... if it doesn't work, pull network cable on the next node and try again....

Too many CLI connections means that you either have an issue with too many session connected to the 3PAR at the same time, or that some of the old sessions haven't closed correctly. If my memory serves me right, pulling the network cable on the master node should result in a change of master role to a node with a working network connection, which should clear any old sessions that didn't close properly.

Unfortunately - It does not work. we have just configured 1 management interface, I pull it from the node and move it to secondary controller also, it thinks a lot when I try to login with 3paradm and then blank interface persists. Could anyone help me on the issue ?

Thank you

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:24 am 

Tried also with serial cable - it keeps same status "login failed - Too many CLI connections" when serial is connected to main controller, if I change it to secondary one, it keeps blank screen.

Is there a chance to reboot the system gracefully without access, is there any button physically or any other system user is available for us ?
Thank you

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:21 am 

No one could help me on the issue?

Thank you

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:05 pm 

Did you try SSH (putty)?
ssh should work even if IMC/SSMC did not.

What version do you have?
I remember a bug in 3.2.1 MU4/MU5.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:45 am 

cali wrote:
Did you try SSH (putty)?

Hi,
yes I tried with ssh even serial cable, same status/error - "too many cli connections", I tied to change controller of the management, pull ethernet cable from main controller and plug it in secondary but it keeps blank screen when trying to access via ssh or serial cable. I am migrating data from the storage now to shut down and turn it on back. Is there a way to gracefully shutdown without logical access to the server ? Does it have any button physically ?

Thank you!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:23 am 

dtnsa wrote:
cali wrote:
Did you try SSH (putty)?

Hi,
yes I tried with ssh even serial cable, same status/error - "too many cli connections", I tied to change controller of the management, pull ethernet cable from main controller and plug it in secondary but it keeps blank screen when trying to access via ssh or serial cable. I am migrating data from the storage now to shut down and turn it on back. Is there a way to gracefully shutdown without logical access to the server ? Does it have any button physically ?

Thank you!

No physical button (except PSU power switch) that could accidentally be pushed. Backdoor is thru SP (which you don't have).

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:51 am 

Did you issue resolved.
If no contact me PM i will help you.
Thanks

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:28 am 

Georgii wrote:
Did you issue resolved.
If no contact me PM i will help you.
Thanks

Hi Georgii,
I have not fixed the issue, could you help me ?

Thank you