HPE Storage Users Group

A Storage Administrator Community

Post subject: 3PAR 7400c to 7400c Peer Motion
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:14 pm 

Hi all

Hope you're all well and I hope someone can help me! :shock: :D

I have 2x HPE 3PAR 7400c with full licenses including Peer Motion, Peer Persistence etc...
Host Servers are connected to the 3PAR Arrays via 10Gbit iSCSI using Cisco Nexus Switches

2x 10TB VV's on 7400c A presented to all 5x Hyper-V Host Servers which store the VM's....

I want to Peer Motion the 2x 10TB VV's to 7400c B....

I have a single HPE Brocade 8Gbit SAN Switch and have connected the integrated 8Gbit FC Ports to the HPE Brocade 8Gbit SAN Switch... FC Ports on the 3PAR's Zoning is setup correctly and the Federation Group is setup and green across the board...

All 5x Hosts are created on both 7400c A and 7400c B and can see Volumes on both Arrays perfectly fine as they are hosts are connected via a flat iSCSI VLAN on the 10Gbit Cisco Nexus Switches.....

When I come to "Peer Motion" one of the 10TB Volumes I get the following error:

"Host IBCTEBS001(2,3,4,5) does not have any paths on the system IBCTE3PAR002"

Well this cannot be correct as all 5 hosts can see the VV's on IBCTE3PAR002 perfectly fine and the VV's are in Hyper-V and have all my VM's running/stored on the 10TB VV's that live on IBCTE3PAR002....

So... After reading a lot of the documentation for Peer Motion, it seems to bring up a few point about iSCSI not need supported for Online Peer Motion!?!?! But, the documentation then contradicts itself by stating that iSCSI is a supported Host Protocol....

Has anyone out there setup Peer Motion where their Host Connectivity to the 3PAR Arrays is 10Gbit iSCSI? If so, please can someone point me in the right direction as to where I'm going wrong?

I'm very lucky and have 2x old 7400's that I can spin up and test if I get the same error by connecting some test Host Servers to the 3PAR Arrays using Fibre Channel, so this is my next task over the coming days if no one point me in the right direction...

Thanks again all, great forum and great people on here as always!

Links to the 2x HPE Federation/Peer Motion documents that contradict each other:

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/do ... =c04783896
https://h20195.www2.hpe.com/v2/GetPDF.a ... 335ENW.pdf

Attachments:
Peer-Motion-6.jpg
Peer-Motion-6.jpg [ 30.85 KiB | Viewed 7083 times ]
Peer-Motion-5.jpg
Peer-Motion-5.jpg [ 116.74 KiB | Viewed 7083 times ]
Peer-Motion-4.jpg
Peer-Motion-4.jpg [ 60.87 KiB | Viewed 7083 times ]
Peer-Motion-3.jpg
Peer-Motion-3.jpg [ 54.66 KiB | Viewed 7083 times ]
Peer-Motion-2.jpg