HPE Storage Users Group

A Storage Administrator Community

Post subject: SSMC 3.7.1.1.6
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:32 am 

Hi all,
just wondered if anyone had either deployed or upgraded an SSMC appliance to the latest release. I've done a couple of upgrades from 3.6.x versions to 3.7.1.1.6 and have seen some issues with some of the widgets for example not working as expected. Some examples are the capacity efficiency widget, dail top host port utilisation, system performance. All these report no data (and yes I've tried various configuration options, adding and deleting, clearing browser cache etc).

Anyway, just wondered if anyone else had seen issues with the latest SSMC. Upgraded two customers so far and both have issues like this.

I've even re-deployed one now from scratch and the issue remains so I guess there's a bug in the latest version or it does not like the data it's being passed. (this is on two arrays, one running 3.3.1 MU5 and one running 3.3.1 MU3).

thanks.
Ad.

Post subject: Re: SSMC 3.7.1.1.6
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:08 am 

I've lost the capacity efficiency when upgrading 3PAR to 3.3.1 MU5. I was told it was a known issue that would be resolved by a patch at some point in time.

The others I have no idea about. I've upgraded to 3.7.1.1 on 3 appliances, not seing what you are seing.

Post subject: Re: SSMC 3.7.1.1.6
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 3:39 am 

In case this is related to the 3.7 bug we have check to see what account SSMC uses to import arrays. There are know isssues if the 3paradm account isn't used for the import (regardless of what account the user logs into SSMC as).

I've tried the new patch briefly on a test VM and it doesn't fix the missing info bug we have, in our case no rcopy config or groups can be found.

Support say a fix is due in a future release, no eta. :roll: