HPE Storage Users Group

A Storage Administrator Community

Post subject: QWS issue : Quorum server unreachable
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:41 pm 

Hi,

For our QWS, it is frequently generating alerts like "Quorum server unreachable". It just for a fraction of second only. Not sure whether it is a fault alert or not as network team checked all connectivity and informed that there is no issue noticed in network connectivity. One strange thing i noticed is that the alerts are getting generated only on working days mainly. No alerts getting generated on weekends or holidays. Not sure why is it so.

Also another issue am facing in checking the issue further is the QWS VM's login details , I don't have and I contacted support for help on it. They suggested as login details are not avilable, need to reinstall and setup the QWS to further check on this.

Anyone can suggest of any other options that why these alerts are getting generated and is there anyway to get the password reset without installing and setting-up the QWS again?

Alert sample as below:

Component: Quorum witness
Short Dsc: Node: 2 SysId: 32349 Quorum server unreachable Event String: Node: 2 SysId: 32349 Quorum server unreachable

Here this alert is showing for Node 2: but we are receiving the alerts from all nodes. We are having couple of 7400 series arrays

TIA.

Post subject: Re: QWS issue : Quorum server unreachable
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:48 am 

We've had a lot of these recently on a pair of 9450 arrays with 3.3.1MU3.
They all seemed to resolve instantly but annoying as you don't get resolve messages normally so still have to check. :)

I suspect it's just occasional packet drops (everything is 'always fine' on our network, at least according to our network team :roll: ).

I seem to have fixed it (touch wood) by changing which node has the active network interface, all four of our nodes have the admin interface connected and they are split across different network switch stacks so maybe one of the stacks has a busy uplink.

We also couldn't get into our QW VM, even though we do know the password, however one of our VM team managed to use some admin/hack tools to reset the password after taking the VM down. It only takes 10 mins to deploy a new one though so that was our fallback plan.

Post subject: Re: QWS issue : Quorum server unreachable
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:43 am 

ailean wrote:
We've had a lot of these recently on a pair of 9450 arrays with 3.3.1MU3.
They all seemed to resolve instantly but annoying as you don't get resolve messages normally so still have to check. :)

I suspect it's just occasional packet drops (everything is 'always fine' on our network, at least according to our network team :roll: ).

I seem to have fixed it (touch wood) by changing which node has the active network interface, all four of our nodes have the admin interface connected and they are split across different network switch stacks so maybe one of the stacks has a busy uplink.

We also couldn't get into our QW VM, even though we do know the password, however one of our VM team managed to use some admin/hack tools to reset the password after taking the VM down. It only takes 10 mins to deploy a new one though so that was our fallback plan.

Thank you for the update Ailean. Will try to get the help from VM team to check on any tool to reset it , otherwise as you mentioned will go for new deployement

Thank you