HPE Storage Users Group

A Storage Administrator Community

Post subject: Set threshold alert send to email 3par 7200
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 5:29 am 

Hello everybody,

Now i have a 3par7200 storage, and manage it by SSMC 3.3
I want to set alert send to my email, but i don't how about to setup it.
Can everybody guide me ?

Thanks

Post subject: Re: Set threshold alert send to email 3par 7200
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 11:53 am 

I guess it depends on what you want an for. In SSMC under the system reporter you will see an option Threshold alerts, select that and your on your way.

That is of course if you've setup the SMTP in the settings sections, also under system reporter

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 12:29 pm 

But which type of alert?, in case of performance alert you have option described by koopa79. But for health status you will need to configure Service processor alerts. And there is also remote support monitored by HPE.

In case of 4.x version of SP be careful (slow), not difficult but not so intuitive.

And there is another thing - try to configure access to Infosight (cloud based utility for long-term analysis and reporting). https://infosight.hpe.com
Problem of Infosight is that informations from this portal you will get after 1-2 days. It is mainly used for longterm monitoring and especially prediction and analysis of performance and capacity.
You only post special code to SSMC and wait for ca 24 hours.

I am not expert just admin of some 3PARs.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:20 am 

HPE 3PAR System Reporter is fully integrated in SSMC and offers reporting templates, scheduled reports and threshold alerts. I’d like to recommend you a way to import VCF to Outlook browse this page. vCard to Outlook Transfer is exactly what you need to bulk import VCF to Outlook contacts, spending no time. vCard to Outlook Transfer software scans the source folder and converts subfolders into list of contacts. This tool is a perfect product for home users and office workers who need to copy contacts from any program, web app or system to Microsoft Outlook or restore address book contacts from a backup file once or on regular basis. Moreover, the program features absolutely no banners or any other types of ads integrated into its interface.