HPE Storage Users Group

A Storage Administrator Community

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Anyone getting Infosight preview
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:31 pm 

I have a new array with 3.3.1 and mu 1 and patch 24 I think and SP 5.0.3...and has been connected to the VMware environment and info site for a week still not showing any data ....from VMware...what do you need to do.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:26 am 

I have the same issue.
I will try to connect my 3par to vcenter with a different account (domain admin) to see if it is a permission related issue or not.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:55 am 

Allmost everything in place to get the good stuff , VMware metrics, to Infosight in the cloud.
I mention the word cloud because that is what's happening with you statistical info gathered on your 3PAR systems and now also from your VMware environment. No remarcs seen about the previous Storefront remote, but now that we ask the VM people to open the gates ...... Some security issues are seen putting VMware stats in the "cloud".
Questions about what VMware data, how much data Is collected are on the Table now.
Can one tell me something more about this , beeing afraid to put VMware stats in the cloud.
Does someone have experiences about what an how much data is collected?
How secure is the data in the HPE cloud ?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:09 pm 
Site Admin

Marc.mvh.vanhoof wrote:
...... Some security issues are seen putting VMware stats in the "cloud".
Questions about what VMware data, how much data Is collected are on the Table now.
Can one tell me something more about this , beeing afraid to put VMware stats in the cloud.
Does someone have experiences about what an how much data is collected?
How secure is the data in the HPE cloud ?

Most of that is on you and your company to do a risk assessment and make sure appropriate agreements are in place, master services agreement comes to mind. Consider how you named your data centers, clusters, hosts and guests. If your VMs are named after your customers, that could be considered a leak. For example if you were hosting these forums and had a VM named "WINSQL3PARUG" a 3rd party could be able to easily figure out that I was your customer. If we signed a confidentiality agreement that limited you from telling 3rd parties that I was a customer, that would obviously be a problem if I found out.

There will be different answers depending if you work in the NSA's datacenter or a retail chain that sells wicker baskets and candles.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:46 am 

I upgarded my storeserv os to 3.3.1 but infosight is not seeing it. is there any way I can force it?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:39 am 

Today HPE released SP 4.4 MU7.
This gives the ability to integrate vCenter Data also for Systems running 3.2.2 EMU or MU6.

Provides support for the VmCollect feature which helps to collect configuration data of the vCenter and performance data (for CPU, memory, latency, and so on) for all the VMs hosted on ESX of the vCenter.
Provides an option to add vCenter to the newly added or existing StoreServ Storage system where
this vCenter has a data store from this Storage System.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:14 am 

Does anybody know what happens if you connect multiple 3Par arrays to vCenter? We have 50+ arrays and each one hosts VMs in our vCenter environment (in different locations), but I do not want every SP to be downloading all the performance data for all VMs. Ideally they would only get info from VM hosts connected to that array.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:16 am 

sanjac wrote:
I upgarded my storeserv os to 3.3.1 but infosight is not seeing it. is there any way I can force it?

Have you switched the SP to RDA mode? Once you do that then in the settings you can connect it to vCenter.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:46 pm 

cbuxton wrote:
Does anybody know what happens if you connect multiple 3Par arrays to vCenter? We have 50+ arrays and each one hosts VMs in our vCenter environment (in different locations), but I do not want every SP to be downloading all the performance data for all VMs. Ideally they would only get info from VM hosts connected to that array.

You don’t connect your 3par to vCenter for infosight, you connect your SP to vCenter. So you will have 50x SPs connecting to your vCenter, not your vCenter connecting to 50 3pars.

But yes, interessting question. I currently only have a single environment in infosight. A single vmware cluster on its own vCenter and a pair of 3pars in PP. When I look at one 3par in infosight I see both 3pars.... so it looks like infosight correlates the collected data somehow when it understands that multiple 3par are in use and it ignores all datastores not connected to a 3par

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:42 am 

Does anybody know how to enable RDA Mode on VSP 4.4 MU7?
I upgraded our VSP to 4.4 MU7 but the "add vCenter Server" button mentioned in the User Guide is missing.
Thanks in advance!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next