HPE Storage Users Group

A Storage Administrator Community

Post subject: time(zones) not in sync between SP and storeserv
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:29 am 

Anyone else notice if their SP doesn't report the correct time? I have my 3par and SP both set to NTP but I'm getting 3 different times reported (I'm in eastern time zone)

Suppose it's currently 8AM EDT as reported by the CLI of the 3par. This is the correct time.

The SP (in the GUI) will report it's 7AM EST and the time of the 3par , as shown in the SP GUI, will be 9AM EDT. The activity tab for the storeserv does seem to show stuff at the correct (8AM) time.

It's a minor thing but it does make things a bit confusing. Anyone else have this issue and know how to fix it?

Post subject: Re: time(zones) not in sync between SP and storeserv
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:19 pm 

My guess is a DST setting somewhere acting up. And if your SP is virtual, it might be getting some of the virtualization host.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:03 am 

I'm having the same problem. didn't find ayn soluton. i only use set time over and over again

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:23 pm 

MammaGutt wrote:
My guess is a DST setting somewhere acting up. And if your SP is virtual, it might be getting some of the virtualization host.

Good suggestion so I checked but no, the VM is not set to sync it's time with the host. Even did a full power cycle of the SP but on luck. HPE says the SP has the correct time (as shown at the CLI) but in the GUI it still has the wrong time. If I use manual time HPE can't connect remotely for support.

SSMC seems to show the correct time for the 3par and SSMC itself so I'm thinking it's the SP that just doesn't calculate time zones properly