HPE Storage Users Group

A Storage Administrator Community

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 247 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 25  Next
 Post subject: Re: Official SSMC Customer Feedback
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:01 pm 

It would be helpful to be able to resize/rearrange pop-up windows and right panel items.

I would like to easily see exports with LUN numbering when looking at VVs and not doing a bunch of fiddly scrolling when adding hosts during export.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:57 am 

Hi,

we are currently moving a lot of esx from one array to another with peer motion. The process includes deletion of the now unneeded vvsets on the source side. It happens regularly that when I click delete, the pop up includes the name of the last vvset already deleted (and not the one I try to delete right now). The pop up is stuck with "ok" greyed out (of course, vvset already deleted...) and "cancel" not working --> I need to close the ssmc-tab and start a new ssmc-session.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:57 pm 

Will wrote:
Host is zoned to 8440 with one initiator to one target(2 nodes/controllers) on each fabric.
Host is zoned to v400 with one initiator to two targets(4 nodes/controllers) on each fabric
Will, the error indicates that there's only one path between the host and the array and Federation needs 2 or more paths. Does that host show that it's connected to two ports on the 8440?
Tell you what... PM me and we'll get to the bottom of it.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:01 am 

apol wrote:
It happens regularly that when I click delete, the pop up includes the name of the last vvset already deleted (and not the one I try to delete right now). The pop up is stuck with "ok" greyed out (of course, vvset already deleted...) and "cancel" not working --> I need to close the ssmc-tab and start a new ssmc-session.
Thanks for the pm with a detailed writeup of the steps you took. I'll get the steps to the right folks.

Brian

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:07 am 

Here in our setup, setting a port offline always ends up with an error message "Failed: ERROR: x:x:x could not be put offline within 2 minutes", although it worked out and the port was set offline within seconds.

This is not a problem when simply setting a port offline, but problematic when offlining a port is included in a more complex action (for example when configuring a port as a peer-port). Offlining the port is the very first step and always fails, so the whole task always fails. Simply repeating the desired action works (port already offline), but it's uncomfortable, and you have to do all the clicking again...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:12 am 

apol wrote:
Here in our setup, setting a port offline always ends up with an error message "Failed: ERROR: x:x:x could not be put offline within 2 minutes", although it worked out and the port was set offline within seconds.
Got it. I'll make sure this gets to the team that works on port management so they can take a look. Sounds like there's a gap between when SSMC issues the command to change the port until the array says the command is complete. That's just a hunch but we'll investigate it.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:55 am 

...sorry for kidnapping this thread, doing a lot of migration stuff and just went from imc to ssmc 100% lately. Stumbling across smaller annoyances and quirks...

Our use-case "exporting vv-sets to host-sets" feels kinda neglected in ssmc. Looking at a host-set:

Volumes exported to member-hosts: 0
Volumes exported to host-set: 0
Total exported size: 0

But selecting "Exports" in the drop down menu to the right reveals all 8 vvs x 16 hosts = 128 vluns actively used right now. 30TB of customer-vms. Very dangerous when cleaning up after migrations, the primary storage management tools MUST be reliable when saying something is not used!!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:18 am 
Site Admin

Small update: going to unsticky this thread and remove the word "official" from the title. The HPe product manager of SSMC that had asked me to put this here and sticky it is no longer with HPe. If/when the new product manager reaches out and solicits feedback, will let them decide whether they would like to re-sticky the old thread and continue, or start fresh with a new thread.

Post subject: Re: SSMC Customer Feedback
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:43 pm 
Site Admin

Re-stickied by HPe request.

Post subject: Re: SSMC Customer Feedback
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:04 am 

Hey,

I'm looking for a way to copy configurations between multiple SSMC servers. This because:
  • we have at least 2 datacenters, with one SSMC primarily managing the array's and another one stand-by. But the need to be able to individually manage a site if needed.
  • no means to replicate the SSMC VM between sites

Example: Is there a way to dump the reporting configuration (and it's schedules) and read it in on another host[*]

Is this in any way possible?

Regards,
Martien

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 247 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 25  Next