HPE Storage Users Group

A Storage Administrator Community

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 247 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 25  Next
 Post subject: Re: Official SSMC Customer Feedback
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:47 am 

How can I change the FROM TO in SSMC email. Currently the email send it as sr@ssmc.com. Can we customize this? We will have multiple SSMC installs in different sites and we would like to reflect the location in the FROM TO for example sr-ca@ or sr-nj@.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:52 am 

Not sure how the back end of SSMC refreshes or how often, but does seem to be a bit of a lag, at least equal to IMC refresh lag.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:44 am 

Hi,

quirky behaviour when searching for a VV by pasting the VV-WWN (SCSI-ID) from ESX: without ":" or "." between digits, quick-result shows the right vv, but when pressing enter, it says "no matches".

Not a real problem (the quick result is correct), but not very consistent.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:27 am 

Glad to see your useful posts.
I like your solution and recommends.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:31 am 

My first post!

We've currently got a case open with HP in respect of SSMCv2.1

In our setup we have two 3PAR 7200 arrays, two VSPs, a System Reporter server, and SSMC server. 3PAR CLX (Windows) is used in the environment.

We are having a problem in SSMC where one array has started to show as "Unknown" status in SSMC. Previously it was working.

We've been instructed to do a changenode command (no effect)

Further advice from HP has been to check the storage system names - remove systems and re-add using IP address, not hostname. This has had no effect.

There appears to be some concern over using underscores in the system name. This would be invalid for a DNS hostname but not for a 3PAR system name. Accordingly in our environment, the DNS hostnames have hyphens, but the names configured on the 3PAR systems have underscores. A suggestion to change the 3PAR system names has been rejected by us as this likely means we will need to reconfigure 120+ CLX resources.

In any event, this doesn't explain why one system works perfectly in SSMC whilst the other does not. Both have exactly the same the same naming convention (underscores in system name and hyphen in DNS hostname).

Frankly, SSMC seems to be a little flaky - but for some of our staff who just need a pretty tool to provide basic information, it is far less scary and way more user friendly than IMC/System Reporter.

-- Steven

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:34 pm 

I have been using SSMC for one month now running version 2.1. I often see connection errors when moving around the UI. I have 14 3Pars added in to the Console, the server has 24GB of memory and 4 x CPUs running in Centos 7.1 I have also seen Host showing as having degraded paths but when I check in the CLI and Management console everything is fine as expected.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:30 pm 

While you are connected to SSMC suddenly connection drop out , I know you guys will say network issue but I am RDP to that server no connection drop...

Second thing finding VV's is not easier most of the time you lose patience and end up using old fat management console.

I would say HP QA team should check testing SSMC using bench market of old management console that is much better old problem java crash...

Attachments:
Network error.PNG
Network error.PNG [ 5.08 KiB | Viewed 27055 times ]
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:22 pm 

I want to see top 18 VV IOPS performance which I used to collect from old SR. But in SSMC that option is not available...Only threshold alerts has that option but that is no use for me because I can't generate report of top 10 or 20 VV performance for last 2 days or so...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:57 pm 

sivakumarks wrote:
I want to see top 18 VV IOPS performance which I used to collect from old SR. But in SSMC that option is not available...Only threshold alerts has that option but that is no use for me because I can't generate report of top 10 or 20 VV performance for last 2 days or so...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:59 pm 

I would like to thank all the users for the great feedback so far, introducing new interfaces is no easy task and your inputs are paramount. A lot of changes and efforts have gone into SSMC 2.2 that is now available : https://h20392.www2.hp.com/portal/swdep ... MC_CONSOLE.

We are already working on incorporated more of the feedback provided in the next release!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 247 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 25  Next