HPE Storage Users Group

A Storage Administrator Community

Post subject: Dead 3par 7200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:55 pm 

Hi guys. (long story..)

Have a 3par 7200 with both controllers dead. Neither node respond to serial connections and both seem not to boot-up properly to even initialize nic interfaces. This said. Have been searching everywhere for details on how to rewrite the internal sata 64gb (683248-001) ssd boot-drive.
This system was working before hurricane Maria hit Puerto Rico.
Apparently with all the power outages both controllers went dead. Of course no active support. Wanted to ask the gurus around how to re-image the internal ssd 64gb. It would not matter if Inform OS 3.1.1 or even older. Would like to have the system back online to be able to dump backed data back to it. All relevant vms were backed up with veeam, we need to restore controllers, re-partition, present the new luns and upload the VM's back to be operational again. :geek:

Have been searching for such a procedure but cannot find anything promising so far.

I'll be monitoring thread for any ideas. Even PMs.

Thank you!

JimmyD

Post subject: Re: Dead 3par 7200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:39 pm 

I say it a lot, but these devices just aren't meant to be run without active support. There is apparently a node recovery process, but it assumes at least one node is running.

Anything you do at this point, you'll end up needing serial access and passwords that aren't made public. I would heavily urge you to reconsider your support position.