HPE Storage Users Group

A Storage Administrator Community

Post subject: checkhealth shows sr_mnt over 90% full
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:09 am 

I'm on 3.3.1 EMU1 and was performing my checks to see if everythign was ok to schedule an update to MU2 when I saw this in checkhealth:

Code:
File      node:1            Filesystem /dev/tpddev/vvb/1 mounted on "/sr_mnt" is over 90% full

From what I was told this is the system reporter being full but that's ok and it's meant to run close to capacity and will automatically delete older entries.

Is this correct and nothign to be worried about? I don't understand why it's only reporting the space on 1 node of a 2 node 8200 being close to full.

There's no warning or error in SSMC or VSP, everything is green and happy. Looking around in the VSP it seems like I can increase the space for system reporter if I want more history or just leave things as is.

Anyone else see this on their system? Anything to be worried or is this normal? Can proceed with schedule the update without issue?

Post subject: Re: checkhealth shows sr_mnt over 90% full
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:18 am 

Good to know i have the same here, but with 95%.. Think they should write it so that it wouldn't come as a warning if this is intended.

System is running 3.3.1 MU1 with most patches.

Post subject: Re: checkhealth shows sr_mnt over 90% full
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:19 am 

There is actually a place in the Service Processor that allows for expanding this volume - online (only the performance data will have a disruptions for a couple of minutes).
Running the SP 5.0.3.1 here i went to the system page -> edit (NOT edit system - just edit). Scroll down to the "System Reporter" setting and hit the "Increase Store Size" - max is 1000GB. Did it online and went from 67GB to a 100GB causing the Used % to drop from 95 to 56% :)