HPE Storage Users Group

A Storage Administrator Community

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 247 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 25  Next
 Post subject: Re: Official SSMC Customer Feedback
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:00 am 

Yes select the reporting section from the menu, select create report and then the one you're interested in either real time or historical.

Attachments:
Menu.png
Menu.png [ 15.45 KiB | Viewed 19930 times ]
PerfReports.png
PerfReports.png [ 9.59 KiB | Viewed 19930 times ]
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:50 pm 

Hi,

from time to time i've got information in my instance SSMC:

"Your network connection may have been lost or the 3PAR StoreServ server may be down"

that isn't true, because SSMC server and 3Pars are in one VLAN and all devices are pingable. I'll try reconnect my storages in administrator panel and have same effect.

Don't have clue why i've got that error - no matter: version 2.2 and 2.3.

best regards,
Jakub

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:20 am 

JakubM wrote:
Hi,

"Your network connection may have been lost or the 3PAR StoreServ server may be down"

that isn't true, because SSMC server and 3Pars are in one VLAN and all devices are pingable. I'll try reconnect my storages in administrator panel and have same effect.

best regards,
Jakub

This is browser related problem - observed those errors only in Google Chrome.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:18 am 

Dreading the day IMC is no longer around.

I don't think HPE are listening to the 3PAR users. SSMC is not going down well, feels too basic and is not a replacement for IMC and System Reporter.

HPE need to think again on this.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:12 pm 

JakubM wrote:
JakubM wrote:
Hi,

best regards,
Jakub

Wrong, I have seen them in IE and have several cases open with support. I tend to see it when you overwhelm SSMC with several back to back commands to do and it bogs down.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:15 pm 

tcolbert wrote:

I don't think HPE are listening to the 3PAR users. SSMC is not going down well, feels too basic and is not a replacement for IMC and System Reporter.

I have opened at least 2-30 cases in the last 12 months on SSMC, almost half just since 2.3 came out. The product is bloated cumbersome. This is like vmware and the web console, good intentions, really bad execution. It is taking vmware 2-3 years to finally get the web console decent, and it still needs a lot of work. SSMC is 2.3 and I suspect maybe in 2-3 years it will be decent, but it is never going to be anywhere as productive as IMC was for power users. It is forcing me to learn to do more with CLI since IMC can't scale and SSMC is so poor. It is such a shame that such a great product is ruined by such poor tools!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:43 am 

hdtvguy wrote:
JakubM wrote:
JakubM wrote:
Hi,

best regards,
Jakub

Wrong, I have seen them in IE and have several cases open with support. I tend to see it when you overwhelm SSMC with several back to back commands to do and it bogs down.

This is more strange, because after cleaning browser cache and cookies all problems are gone. Everything working OK now.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:10 am 

I have HP suggest browser cache and cookies cause some issues, but then that is just their poor dev. I get same BS answers form them about the weird behavior of their web support portal. Seems like HPE needs to hire some decent web developers.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 6:08 am 

hdtvguy wrote:
tcolbert wrote:

I don't think HPE are listening to the 3PAR users. SSMC is not going down well, feels too basic and is not a replacement for IMC and System Reporter. This is the story. One of the features of vmware is mentioned above and that's in my opinion what makes it better. If look above, it is mentioned there. That is the reason that they keep wanting to push it. It could be an accident because accidents happens on all time and not like car accidents, a passenger wanting to handle this kind of accident. And it moved to the next location to be a better alternative, and want to sue and that was the problem.

I have opened at least 2-30 cases in the last 12 months on SSMC, almost half just since 2.3 came out. The product is bloated cumbersome. This is like vmware and the web console, good intentions, really bad execution. It is taking vmware 2-3 years to finally get the web console decent, and it still needs a lot of work. SSMC is 2.3 and I suspect maybe in 2-3 years it will be decent, but it is never going to be anywhere as productive as IMC was for power users. It is forcing me to learn to do more with CLI since IMC can't scale and SSMC is so poor. It is such a shame that such a great product is ruined by such poor tools!

2 to 3 years is a long time and with the amount of support we get it's not looking good. Poor tools can only mean they have very terrible devs. Can someone find an alternative?

Last edited by dixie75 on Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:06 pm 

since we started using 2.3.1...things have settled a bit. but it is a long road. i spend most of my time in CLI at this point. but some things.....only IMC can help with. try a checkvv -dedupdryrun for a ton of vv's with anything but IMC...ill wait. or an AO schedule...so on.

we have about 2 dozen systems talking to our SSMC, and atleast 2.3.1 doesnt collapse under its own bloat...i do like the search all/find all related across all arrays. i can dig it. i think it will come to be a better tool sooner than vcenter, only because most users at this point are pretty familiar with the incredibly rich CLI interface 3par has(also easier to learn). vmware....super alot less? so relieved pressure i presume as well as being more focused in scope of use.

i personally wont miss SR, but they did leave a considerable gap there in the rush to abandon it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 247 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 25  Next