HPE Storage Users Group

A Storage Administrator Community

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 247 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 25  Next
 Post subject: Re: Official SSMC Customer Feedback
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:44 am 

If the Quorum (Service) is Offline, and the RC Group is configured as PP Group.
Then all RC Groups are in Warning State.
This is OK and an improvement over the IMC.

But I have several Customer that see the RC Groups in Waring state and did not find why.
Because there is no hint why the RC Groups are in Warning state.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:48 pm 

BenConrad wrote:
There is a problemw with the ping test when using VLANs

We'll get that fixed in the next version of SSMC which should be out relatively soon.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:50 pm 

cali wrote:
But I have several Customer that see the RC Groups in Waring state and did not find why. Because there is no hint why the RC Groups are in Warning state.

The next version of SSMC will have a better warning state and the state description will be improved in the release after that.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 3:50 am 

Installed 3.0 yesterday. First impressions:

- Tremendous speed improvements

- awesome personalisation-features (table view, table columns etc.)

- why is file- and block-persoan pinned to the "Main Menu Compact View"? If I don't use one of them I don't want to be forced to seeing it in the compact-menu (which should be, as the name suggests, a compact version of the "see all, event the stuff i don't need"-menu)!

- our 20k is fast, but 1.500.000.000 kb/s remote copy throughput is beyond it's capabilities afaik :D Seen at "Remote Copy Configurations", chart at the right side showing rc-links usage.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:26 pm 

apol wrote:
why is file- and block-persoan pinned to the "Main Menu Compact View"? If I don't use one of them I don't want to be forced to seeing it in the compact-menu (which should be, as the name suggests, a compact version of the "see all, event the stuff i don't need"-menu)!
The thinking is... if you have a license for these features, you want to use them, so you need to see them. If the feature isn't licensed, then you won't see them. So do you want the flexibility to hide some/all of the block and file persona options regardless of the license? If so, we can probably do that...

apol wrote:
our 20k is fast, but 1.500.000.000 kb/s remote copy throughput is beyond it's capabilities afaik :D Seen at "Remote Copy Configurations", chart at the right side showing rc-links usage.
Hmmm. If you're still seeing that then I'd appreciate it if you'd submit a support case so we can get the logs and get to the bottom of that issue.

Thanks for the positive feedback on 3.0! So many of the comments in this forum played into that release and we'll continue to look for your feedback here. It's very much appreciated!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:41 pm 

wbbouldin are there any plans to offer a Debian/Ubuntu compatible SSMC package?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:24 pm 

drunkmet wrote:
wbbouldin are there any plans to offer a Debian/Ubuntu compatible SSMC package?
While we build one internally, we don't have any current plans to make it available. We've talked about it but haven't seen much interest yet. So your question is a good one.

How about running SSMC in a container running a CentOS image on top of Debian? Would that be an option for you? Actually, I'm running SSMC that way right now...

Anyone else interested in running SSMC on other Linux distros besides RHEL/CentOS?

Regards,
Brian

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:51 am 
Site Admin

Will be upgrading to 3.0 soon, thanks for posting!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:59 am 

wbbouldin:
Quote:
if you have a license for these features, you want to use them, so you need to see them.
- like remote copy? ;) Licensed, but de-selectable. As we licensed file persona only for one of our test-controllers, we'd appreciate if we could de-select it, but this is a pure nice to have and not important at all.

Quote:
Hmmm. If you're still seeing that then I'd appreciate it if you'd submit a support case so we can get the logs and get to the bottom of that issue.
We're still seeing this, with all our arrays. Could that possibly be a scaling issue (three '0's too much?). I didn't double-check the real throughput and compare it to ssmc yet.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:50 pm 

So there seems to be an issue when upgrading from SSMC 2.4.1 to SSMC 3.0. The install wizard acknowledges you are upgrading and can keep data however the default install directory path has changed to Program Files\Hewlett Packard Enterprise\SSMC (was just Hewlett Packard).

This seems to cause the problem of exporting reports to PDF or CSV because it still looks at the old Hewlett Packard path and there is nothing there. The upgrade has removed the contents of this folder.

I've engaged HP support to see how to work around this. At the moment, I've had to remove everything (original install directories) and then install a fresh copy of SSMC 3.0 and then recreate my reports.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 247 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 25  Next