HPE Storage Users Group

A Storage Administrator Community

Post subject: Is there life in this idea
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 3:08 pm 

Available 3par7400. There are good online channels. I want to offer the service remote copy data to my storage system.
With some fixed monthly fee, independent of the amount of information. I think it will be interesting to all who have 3par system to ensure data security.

Post subject: Re: Is there life in this idea
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:35 am 
Site Admin

So you have a 3PAR 7400 with good internet connectivity/bandwidth. You would like to rent/lease space on your system for use as remote copy target, for disaster recovery purposes.

Is there "life" in that idea? Probably not much. I doubt you will get many international customers due to different regulations and compliancies required by different governments and legal requirements. What country are you in? Anyone replicating data is giving full access to the admins of both source and target systems.

With in the USA, there are service providers that will provide remote copy as a service to 3PAR customers for a hefty fee.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:07 am 

System located in USA.
Primarily focused on customers in the United States.
Price will not be very large.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:32 pm 

So how would a potential customer be able to trust you wouldn't mount his volumes and start nosing through the data? Or that the data will be intact when needed, etc?

personally i think that is the biggest hurdle to overcome. Big vendors have a big name to uphold. A personal guy, offering his 3PAR has not, and that makes it more difficult to convince potential buyers i'm afraid?

The goal is to achieve the best results by following the clients wishes. If they want to have a house build upside down standing on its chimney, it's up to you to figure out how do it, while still making it usable.