HPE Storage Users Group

A Storage Administrator Community

Post subject: Liscenses
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:17 am 

Dear All,

Where I will get the information about 3 par licensing like remote replication, local copy, these licenses are capacity based. Where I will get this information.

Thanks in Advance.

Waugh

Post subject: Re: Liscenses I'm
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:27 am 

I'm pretty sure this will be in the quickspecs but if not, for on array functionality each model has a drive cap at which you stop paying licensing. http://www8.hp.com/h20195/v2/GetDocumen ... =c04164476

7200 48 drives
7400 168 drives
7440 320 drives
7450 168 drives
10400 320 drives
10800 640 drives

If your licensing array based features then it's typically cheaper and easier to go with the suites e.g Replication Suite includes remote copy, virtual copy and peer persistence for the price of RC and VC so 3 for the price of 2.

Post subject: Re: Liscenses
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:50 pm 

Hi,
I am looking for a information like some replication software will charge in TB based, and if ou purchased upto 50 TB then later on it will be unlimited and no need to pay. Such type of information i m looking for to create the BOM.

Thanks,
Waugh

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:16 am 

waugh wrote:
Hi,
I am looking for a information like some replication software will charge in TB based, and if ou purchased upto 50 TB then later on it will be unlimited and no need to pay. Such type of information i m looking for to create the BOM.

Thanks,
Waugh

3Par licenses are per spindle or per array, not per capacity. The only capacity rated items for a 3Par are there are separate SKU's for <1TB and >1TB drives for support contracts.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:00 am 

You can do this on the 10000 series for Remote copy and a.few other licenses where you only want to replicate a portion of a very large array e.g service provides. However on the smaller systems its not typically that useful, 50TB usable or 48 disks, the disk version would be the cheapest ?
If you want to build a BOM make use of someone who knows what they're doing e.g a HP partner or HP presales, it's free and no commitment required and at least you can discuss the options to get the best bang for your buck.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:22 am 

JohnMH wrote:
You can do this on the 10000 series for Remote copy and a.few other licenses where you only want to replicate a portion of a very large array e.g service provides. However on the smaller systems its not typically that useful, 50TB usable or 48 disks, the disk version would be the cheapest ?
If you want to build a BOM make use of someone who knows what they're doing e.g a HP partner or HP presales, it's free and no commitment required and at least you can discuss the options to get the best bang for your buck.

I have to agree with JohnMH on this one. If you're looking to build a BOM, a call to HP presales is the best way to go about it. There's a lot of things on a BOM that HP SE's remember that we often don't. Cables, PDU's, etc