3PAR Users Group

A Storage Administrator Community




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: 3PAR OS 3.3.1 MU1 is released
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:10 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:34 am
Posts: 126
Have seen Infosys for 3PAR on Discover.
Amazing :-)
Hard to wait for MU2.
All my Customers want this for sure.
Have to Update a lot of 3PARs next Year.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: 3PAR OS 3.3.1 MU1 is released
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:40 am 

Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:01 pm
Posts: 187
cali wrote:
Have seen Infosys for 3PAR on Discover.
Amazing :-)
Hard to wait for MU2.
All my Customers want this for sure.
Have to Update a lot of 3PARs next Year.

I heard mixed info on Infosight, should be out January so not long to find out for sure but it sounded like some basic functionality would be there for all 3PARs with the full functionality requiring the 3.3.1/SP5.02 update. :?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: 3PAR OS 3.3.1 MU1 is released
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:47 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:03 pm
Posts: 87
Location: USA
ailean wrote:
cali wrote:
Have seen Infosys for 3PAR on Discover.
Amazing :-)
Hard to wait for MU2.
All my Customers want this for sure.
Have to Update a lot of 3PARs next Year.

I heard mixed info on Infosight, should be out January so not long to find out for sure but it sounded like some basic functionality would be there for all 3PARs with the full functionality requiring the 3.3.1/SP5.02 update. :?


Actually Infosight will work on older revs but limited to the array itself. The 3.3.1 and SP 5.02 requirement is for it to report beyond the array on the switching and servers/vm's associated. As more code updates are released there will be more "sensors" present to provide better granularity.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: 3PAR OS 3.3.1 MU1 is released
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:45 am 

Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:37 pm
Posts: 24
EMU1 is on the download list now. My first array upgrade to 3.3.1 EMU1 happens today...2 next week and 1 the week after.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: 3PAR OS 3.3.1 MU1 is released
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:34 am 

Joined: Wed May 07, 2014 10:29 am
Posts: 137
Please report your results!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: 3PAR OS 3.3.1 MU1 is released
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:59 am 

Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:50 am
Posts: 9
We (HPE engineer) did install 3.3.1 EMU1 on our 2 x 8450 systems. No issues seen.
This EMU1 was a requirement for us to go on with compression. Locking issue still not solved.
To migrate from none compressed to compressed we want to do this by DO/Tunevv but some background tasks , not seen by the customer, are somtimes preventing to start the tunevv.
This way it is hard to shedule our procedure during the offline hours.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: 3PAR OS 3.3.1 MU1 is released
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:04 am 

Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:59 am
Posts: 7
We had 3.3.1 EMU1 installed on 3 of our arrays (1 x 7400, 2 x 8440)

No problems with the upgrade, in fact it was the best upgrade experience we've had so far.

This upgrade was touted as a solution to our high escalated locking issues we've been experiencing since array installation almost 12 months ago. HPE had us turn off de-dupe on all of our volumes some time ago, and this reduced the frequency of VMWare host disconnections we were experiencing. I was still experiencing very sporadic non-catastrophic transient path disconnection, but since the upgrade this has not occurred. I have my fingers crossed, but to be honest I have no faith in 3Par right now.

Can anyone elaborate on the locking issues they're still experiencing after the upgrade?

Thanks,


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: 3PAR OS 3.3.1 MU1 is released
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:40 am 

Joined: Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:44 am
Posts: 12
We requested an upgrade for an AFA 8200 when MU1 came out, but have been on hold for 3-4 months. I have recently confirmed that we can no upgrade to EMU1 so we are getting that scheduled now. Fingers crossed that we finally get this going.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: 3PAR OS 3.3.1 MU1 is released
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:03 am 

Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:39 am
Posts: 21
I've got a silly question because I'm never done it before... what's the procedure/ email address to schedule an update of my 8200 to 3.3.1? :)

ALso, what's the link to access new software (SSMC/3par OS)? I always seem to go in circles trying to find the link. THere's like one link that has some of the software but the actual 3par OS is behind something else that requires me to give an SAID or something it takes me forever to find it all the time

thanks


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: 3PAR OS 3.3.1 MU1 is released
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:17 pm 

Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:28 pm
Posts: 28
Kyle wrote:
I've got a silly question because I'm never done it before... what's the procedure/ email address to schedule an update of my 8200 to 3.3.1? :)

ALso, what's the link to access new software (SSMC/3par OS)? I always seem to go in circles trying to find the link. THere's like one link that has some of the software but the actual 3par OS is behind something else that requires me to give an SAID or something it takes me forever to find it all the time

thanks


3.3.1 is still being monitored and upgrades performed by HPE. You can email this address with your SN and SAID to start the scheduling process.

3PAR-SPS@hpe.com

The download link I have for product patches/updates:

https://h20575.www2.hpe.com/tsusbportal ... o?lc=EN_US


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], rolansaad and 11 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group | DVGFX2 by: Matt